It's been a year, almost to the day,
that we've officially resided in Denver.
Following are some of the highlights and lowlights:
*Jami & I (Jodi) thoroughly enjoyed residing in the same city. It was better than it had ever been for us together. We actually were each other's best friend. She moved back to Salt Lake City in November of 2005. We miss each other a lot and she hopes to move back to Denver to be near her family again within a few years.
*My massage business, which I renamed "Canterberry Crossing Massage Therapy" somewhat "took off." At one point I had 30 clients! These I acquired the old fashioned way: I earned them! I went on foot to nearly all 2000 homes of Canterberry Crossing and taped my little flyer to the door. People called! By the holiday season, however, most of these had dwindled. I am going to try and rekindle the business flames again this spring/summer.
*Todd's job search was fairly excruciating. It took much longer to find "gainful employment" than we'd hoped, especially considering how easily the house came to us. By October, however, things were rolling along. They continue to do so.
*In January we officially started "trying" for a family. Stay tuned.
*In mid-May we will be adopting a "new" dog, a chocolate brown Toy Poodle named "Fluti." She is from the same breeder my parents bought their favorite little Toy Poodle from, though they got him as a puppy. This one is 7. She shares her birthday with Tessie! (April 1st) We drive down to New Mexico to get her on May 14th. The breeder is down-sizing and giving her precious breeding dogs away to good homes for the cost of neutering and spaying. I am hoping Tessie learns to at least cope with the new baby, if not get along with her.
*We sweated through the summer last year, especially Todd. When we are asked how we like Colorado, the answer has become (per Todd) "Jodi loves it, I'm adapting." Part of the "problem" is the heat. So an air conditioner was a priority this summer. We are having one installed this week. Although they're pricey (almost $5,000--can you believe!?) it will be worth it.
*Simultaneously, a big project is the back yard. We want to make it as usable as possible, for kids and future owners. So we rented a bobcat this past weekend and Davey (my dad) and Todd worked hard at flattening the slope. We have a drainage problem, partly because our neighbor next door dammed his side of the fence before he moved (the house stands empty now, still for sale, and there's nothing that can really be done anyway.) So Todd is putting on his architect/landscaper's hat and working the backyard so that is will be functional.
No comments:
Post a Comment