Here's a copy of an email I just sent to my mom:
Todd and Dad have been focused and going at it with house fix ups, I've been trailing behind packing books, clothes, taping walls to prepare the "library" for painting, and cleaning up their cooking messes.
Thus far, the front porch has been painted (looks gorgeous,) the back deck extended into the hottub (very nice,) bricks laid out where dirt was by the hot tub, and the crown mouldling finished in the stairwell.
Today they plan to paint the library and maybe make steps for the back deck on both ends.
My task is to continue packing and clean out spots on the carpet, organize cupboards to look spacious, and nitpick on the house overall.
Maybe tomorrow we'll do hardwood polishing and I am hoping to talk Todd into doing something with the dirtpile on the other end of the back yard.
Monday, mow the lawn, have the realtor out here, and we'll also fine tune anything she thinks needs doing. We will stay past Tuesday if need be; I really wanted to get the carpets steam cleaned. Sometime midweek beteween Tuesday and Thursday we'll leave for Denver and hopefully list the house.
See you soon!
Jodi
On another less exciting note, our neighbors have soured on us since we reset the price of the house. They have made it clear they think we're asking too much and they are peeved that their friends no longer qualify to buy the house. I'm glad the fence between us is tall!
No comments:
Post a Comment